Our claims staff, managed by a licensed admiralty attorney, prides itself on providing prompt, courteous, and informed responses on all claims matters, regardless of size or complexity. By working in close conjunction with our underwriting staff, our claims team gathers a clear understanding of the nature of your operations, with the ultimate goal of resolving claims fairly, quickly, and efficiently. We have developed a trusted network of surveyors, independent adjusters, attorneys, and other professionals to assist, when needed, in moving claims towards resolution.
Claims Administrative Team
2012 – Present Senior Vice President, Claims Counsel, JH Blades Marine
1986 – 2012 Senior Vice President, Claims Counsel, Underwriters Marine Services, Inc.
1981 – 1986 Admiralty Attorney
1981 Post-Graduate Degree in Admiralty Law
1979 – 1980 Law Clerk, Supreme Court of Louisiana
1979 Law Degree
• Adjunct Faculty, Tulane University School of Law Admiralty Program, 1987 – 1999
• Maritime Law Association of the United States
• Louisiana State and New Orleans Bar Associations
• Former Officer and Director, Louisiana Surplus Lines Association
• President’s Award Winner, Louisiana Surplus Lines Association
• Former Chairman, Louisiana Surplus Lines Association Legislative Committee
Direct Line: (504) 262-5306
2019 – Present Marine Claims Counsel Specialist, JH Blades Marine
2013 – 2019 Risk Director, McDonough Marine Service
2011 – 2013 Admiralty Attorney, Larzelere Picou Wells Simpson Lonero
1995 – 2011 Admiralty Attorney, Phelps Dunbar, LLP
1994 Law Degree, Tulane Law School
Direct Line: (504) 262-5312
2012 – Present Marine ClaimsSpecialist, JH Blades Marine
1996 – 2012 Claims Examiner, Underwriters Marine Services, Inc.
1990 – 1996 Underwriting Assistant, Underwriters Marine Services, Inc.
Direct Line: (504) 262-5301